„Advanced flash sonar, navigation and orientation strategies“ with Daniel Kish
Symposium on backgrounds of the phenomenon of acoustically based perception in the visual cortex and of non-visual environment information for extensive geographic orientation. With Daniel Kish, the blind US American O & M coach, master of flash sonar and founder of World Access for the Blind.
Congress language is English, lectures and talks in English and German. Lecturer Daniel Kish, moderator Steffen Zimmermann.
Accessible location! Suitable for blind and mobility impaired visitors, wheelchair accessible.
The Congress will deepen the following topics:
- Optimal strategies of blind people for mental mapping of places, environments and spaces.
- Creating acoustic maps, recognize and use landmarks.
- How can flash sonar and acoustic imaging be described for and understood by sighted persons.
- Peculiarities of perception possibilities and limits: surfaces, angle, distance and density.
Planned itinerary (subject to change):
- Introduction Steffen Zimmermann, founder and chairman of Anderes Sehen e.V.
- Lecture of Daniel Kish, founder and chairman of World Access for the Blind.
- Demonstration of forms and accuracy of flash sonar.
- Moderated questions to Daniel Kish (Please submit your questions in advance).
- Audience questions to Steffen Zimmermann and Daniel Kish.
Daniel Kish , 50, holds a master’s degree in developmental psychology and in special education. He was the first blind O & M coach of the USA and taught with great success since 1996 more than 1,000 blind people. He is the first who developed a curriculum for teaching echolocation as flash sonar and as a psychologist and sociologist he works on the positive and confident attitude of his blind students, particularly children. He is devoted to this mission all his life like no other, and frankly reports his knowledge.
- Doors open Saturday, March 4, 2017, 13:30 ,
the event starts 14:00 and ends 17:30
- Address: Pfefferberg Schankhalle Congress & Events,
Schönhauser Allee 176, 10119 Berlin, Germany
- Public transport: Subway U2-station „Senefelderplatz“
- Distance from Alexanderplatz:
Walk 15 minutes; With U Bahn 10 minutes; With taxi 7 minutes.
There are drinks at € 2.50 each ( coffee, water, apple juice, orange juice). Please bring enough cash.
Buy tickets here (possible with or without PayPal):
[tt-event url=’https://www.tickettailor.com/new-order/77762/8ca4/ref/website_widget/‘ minimal=’true‘ bg_fill=’true‘ show_logo=’false‘ ]